Wednesday, December 5, 2007

8

Things can get a little, uh, boring at work.

Other than paying my bills (and some measure of social interaction) my job is a humongous waste of time. Sure, I get a lot of reading done during my daily 90 minute commute (which the CTA has kindly extended to two hours on occasion...you know, to allow me more time to read), but other than that, it is essentially a giant pain in my ass.

My biggest decision is usually what time to eat lunch.

But today was productive. Hell, by my usual standard today was a red-letter day. I decided I'm going to change the way I write the number eight.

I've always made my eights as two small circles, one above the other like a tiny, headless snowman. But today I decided that was too sloppy and inefficient. From now on my eights will be made with one stroke of the pen, a small, upright infinity symbol.

Who says a day at work can't be productive?

No comments: