Tuesday, April 15, 2008

New Yorker Covers

Need to kill some time? I spent a decent portion of my evening (at work) browsing every single cover of the New Yorker, starting with the first cover February 21, 1925 and going through April 2007. (I guess they haven't uploaded the last year's worth of issues.) That's 3,699 covers.

And why would someone spend the time to do this? Because he wanted to see every baseball themed cover. Of the nearly 3,700 covers I found 29, starting with this cubist-inspired bad boy from May 8, 1926.

1 comment:

Philipp Lenssen said...

Happy you like CoverBrowser! Just wanted to know if you knew that there's a My Collection feature where you can add & tag all of the covers. So you could register and create a collection for the tag "baseball" and then whenever you come across a cover with baseball, you can add a tag by clicking "add to my collection" below the cover.