Thursday, August 18, 2011

The Great Agent Hunt

I love it when a sentence has multiple meanings.

I'm currently in the process of trying to find an agent.  I have next-to no idea how to do this other than researching the process, which means reading lots of articles authored by people I've never heard of, (thus making me reflexively wonder what the hell they know about it) and Google. (Anyone know a good literary agent?)

The process seems simple enough.  Write a brilliant query letter.  Send to agents.  Await glowing replies.  Make lots of money (or, at least, a half-decent living) writing full-time.  Live happily ever after.

This schematic, obviously, omits certain significant points.  Such as, A) have sizable body of quality material. Check.  B) Emotionally prepare for an avalanche of rejection.  Check.  C) It's a one-in-a-million shot.  Uh...well, I don't really have a response to that other than see B).

Wish me luck. 









No comments: